The Raw Brownie
I have tried a few raw brownie recipes and this one takes the win for me every time. I’ve been making it for a few years now and always keep a stash of these brownies in the freezer for when the urge strikes – like errrry night!
The Raw Brownie Recipe
2 cups whole walnuts
2.5 cups Medjool dates, pitted
1 cup raw cacao powder
1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped (Raw activated pecans are also amazing for this!)
¼ tsp sea salt
1. Line your 8 x 8 inch / 21 x 21 cms brownie pan (or cake pan with similar dimensions) with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place the walnuts in the food processor and blend on high until the nuts are finely ground.
3. Add the cacao powder and salt. Pulse to combine.
4. Add the dates one at a time through the feed tube whilst it is running. You should end up with a mixture that appears rather like cake crumbs but when pressed, will easily stick together. Add more dates if the mixture doesn’t hold together.
5. In a bowl, combine the walnut-cacao mix with the chopped almonds. Press the mixture into the lined cake pan. Place in the freezer until ready (a couple of hours).
6. Cut the brownies into squares and store in an airtight container.