Noah’s Monochrome Third Birthday Party
It may not look it, but I did only start planning Noah’s party about a week before it took place. The cake, I’ve been planning for over a year (I was so excited to try my hand at this infamous digger cake), but everything that came with it (aka Monochrome Madness!!!), was done last minute. The black and white theme sort of came to me right at the end and once I realized that half our house is already set up for a monochrome party, I was rocking and rolling. The weather was absolutely perfect, I am so happy with how the decor turned out (I am a sucker for detail) and most importantly, our little big man had the absolute best time at his first proper birthday party.
I’m using this blog post to ‘dump’ a whole lot of pictures on you and hoping that you can ‘grab’ some inspiration (get it!? ;)) for your next monochrome birthday party. Am listing a few of the places where I sourced goods for the party all the way at the end of the blog.
- Birthday Cake diggers: Miniature CAT diggers from Amazon overseas or at Checkers (local ZA grocery store)
- Number Three Cake Topper: From tenderlovecardstock off www.etsy.com
- Golden candles – From www.gingerray.co.za
- All monochrome party stationery items (straws, plates, party hats, part horns, cupcake liners, cups, balloons, cutlery, popcorn bags, etc): From www.merrypak.co.za
- Green succulent wreath (hanging on the diplays for the party bags): From @tinytigerkids
- White Teepee: From My Tiny Teepee www.mytinyteepee.co.za
Cake Table Set up:
- Letterboard – From @letterboardcompany
- Laser cut ‘NOAH’: From https://roseandvickoryco.co.za/
- Scrabble ‘N’ Letter sign: From https://roseandvickoryco.co.za/
- Black vase: From http://www.hm.com/za/department/HOME
- Black candle holder: http://www.hm.com/za/department/HOME
- Otherwise, I placed white marshmallows, Oreos and black liquorice on the table.
- We served up mini hamburgers, cheese sandwiches, mini cucumbers, popcorn, fries chippies, blackberries and fruit cups for the kids. The adults helped themselves to tapas-style snacks such as falafels, prawns, humus, grilled artickes and other yummy goodies.
I know I’ve left out little details here and there so just shoot me a message if there are particular items you want more details on.